Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Next Chapter of my Life...

Today I left the WRC building in Madison for the last time as an employee. As I left I realized the monumental change occurring, yet oddly I didn't shed a tear. Perhaps because I snuck out without a proper good bye to my co-workers, or perhaps because I am glad in a way.

Being out of work terrifies me, but finally having closure is a relief. Come what may in the next few months, everything is set in motion. I haven't slept through the night since late April, and periodically I'll find myself in an utter panic about what will be. It's almost easier now that it's no longer what will be, but it is what it is.

I left work with grandiose ideas. Thinking of the big changes I needed to make within myself right now. Starting with little things like giving up sugar again. I also realized that I want to make bigger changes, like loving everyone and working towards world peace.

I slipped onto the highway listening to Lady Gaga's Love Games, pondering all that will be of my life now that this new chapter has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment